Dodge Challenger Forum - Forums and Owners Club!

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Challenger Forum - Dodge Challenger Discussion > Dodge Challenger General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Challenger General Discussion General Dodge Challenger Chat.

Latest Vendor News!
AutoAnything
AutoAnything

Old 02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Dodge Challenger Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 08 Challenger
Trim Level: SRT-8
Color: Bright Silver
Transmission: Auto
Rep:116
One Bad 2008 SRT8 will become famous soon enoughOne Bad 2008 SRT8 will become famous soon enough
Default How do you start 2008 SRT8 if Key Fob not detected?

I need to change my batteries in my Key Fob on my 08 SRT8 b/c when its in my pocket (the key fob) the dash display states no Key Fob Detected.

This happended to me in my 2006 (key less start) Corvette Z06 before car would not start.

If the Key Fob on my Chally is being held in my hand in front of ignition and Key Fob is not recogonzied I don't want to be standed, and how does one start the car if this happens?

Thanks in advance

I know I need to replace the battery but not going to be able to that until a few days and don't want to get stranded in the meantime taking the wife out to dinner tonight!
08 Challenger SRT8, Mopar cai, MBRP exhaust, high flow cats/mid pipes, pred tune, 180 Stat, Catch Can, 1/4 Mile-12.73, 109.63 mph, 1.902 60 ft, Old School-600HP 505ci 1969 Roadrunner, 10 sec street car, all Ralleye Green, black wheels, black lift off fglass hood; 2006 Corvette Z06, 427ci/LS7-FAST!
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: R/T Plus
Color: Green with Envy
Rep:11410
bigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Bad 2008 SRT8 View Post
I need to change my batteries in my Key Fob on my 08 SRT8 b/c when its in my pocket (the key fob) the dash display states no Key Fob Detected.

This happended to me in my 2006 (key less start) Corvette Z06 before car would not start.

If the Key Fob on my Chally is being held in my hand in front of ignition and Key Fob is not recogonzied I don't want to be standed, and how does one start the car if this happens?

Thanks in advance

I know I need to replace the battery but not going to be able to that until a few days and don't want to get stranded in the meantime taking the wife out to dinner tonight!
Pop the start button out, stick the keyfob (square end)in the slot and turn it to the right.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:35 PM

One Bad 2008 SRT8 will become famous soon enoughOne Bad 2008 SRT8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnake View Post
Pop the start button out, stick the keyfob (square end)in the slot and turn it to the right.

You da man thanks!

Since we are on the topic I don't recall getting any keys other than the Key Fob when I bought the car 2 months ago, and how does one get inside the vehicle to open the vehicle with a Key Fob, if the battery in the Key Fob goes dead and the car will not open?

I notice on the exterior lock and old school slot for a key to get inside the vehicle manually but not certain if there is another key other than the Fob that open up said exterior lock.

Thanks again, this place is the best for new owners of the awesome Chally!
08 Challenger SRT8, Mopar cai, MBRP exhaust, high flow cats/mid pipes, pred tune, 180 Stat, Catch Can, 1/4 Mile-12.73, 109.63 mph, 1.902 60 ft, Old School-600HP 505ci 1969 Roadrunner, 10 sec street car, all Ralleye Green, black wheels, black lift off fglass hood; 2006 Corvette Z06, 427ci/LS7-FAST!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: Challenger
Trim Level: R/T
Color: HEMI Orange
Transmission: 6-Speed
Rep:14833
vin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond repute

the key is hidden in the top of your key fob...the ring is attached to it....slide the lock on the front over and pull it out
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin57 View Post
the key is hidden in the top of your key fob...the ring is attached to it....slide the lock on the front over and pull it out

Beautiful.......................Thank you sir, you gentleman have a great weekend!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: Challenger
Trim Level: R/T
Color: HEMI Orange
Rep:14833
vin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond reputevin57 has a reputation beyond repute

you're welcome and you to!!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: '12 Challenger
Trim Level: R/T Classic
Color: Bright White
Rep:452
Maxedwell is a glorious beacon of lightMaxedwell is a glorious beacon of lightMaxedwell is a glorious beacon of lightMaxedwell is a glorious beacon of lightMaxedwell is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you posted this - it is helpful to me for my '10 RT. The main key fob is not always recognized each time the past week unless I hold it very close to lock or ignition. I have a spare, just don't use it. Looks like I need new batteries, too!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedwell View Post
Glad you posted this - it is helpful to me for my '10 RT. The main key fob is not always recognized each time the past week unless I hold it very close to lock or ignition. I have a spare, just don't use it. Looks like I need new batteries, too!
Have to love this place!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: R/T Plus
Color: Green with Envy
Rep:11410
bigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond reputebigsnake has a reputation beyond repute

CR2032 batteries

Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2014 Challenger
Color: TorRed
Rep:7315
Coyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond reputeCoyote has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedwell View Post
It is often not the battery. In fact, I'd be surprised if the battery was worn out. If you have a volt meter, you can test it and it should read 2.9 volts or higher to still be considered adequate.

I have had multiple troubles with my key fobs. Usually, if I get a key fob not detected message, I can open up the fob, take out the battery for a few seconds, replace it and it acts like a reset to the fob. That usually does the trick. However, I have had one fob already replaced last year since it completely stopped working. I have one now that will work for all its functions except it will not allow me to start the car without inserting the fob into the hole under the start button. I need to take it back to the dealer for a replacement.